Monday 15 April 2013

Does anyone know the Italian word for superglue ?

Here we go then, less than a week to go and I'm off to Italy to shear some alpacas.
How did it all start? I ask myself the same question sometimes. I guess watching other people shear our alpacas made me think "I could do that", so a shearing course was booked and some equipment bought. Starting with our own and alpacas we had sold to clients, then taking bookings from outside, concentrating on smaller herds. Last year this led to a shearing job in South Wales and a new client, Liz, who was preparing to leave the country along with her alpacas. Having looked after and then exported her alpacas, she also asked if I would go and shear them. It seemed a long way to go to shear 10 alpacas, when I suggested it to my son Jon he decided a weekend away in Italy was not to be turned down. Having decided we would go, Liz found us some more to shear and then an e-mail from another breeder led to more. We now have a weeks worth of shearing and are visiting several places in Italy.

Someone suggested I should make a blog of the "adventure" , he also said he admired someone of my age doing something "out of the ordinary", not sure how to take that one.  Other titles that came to mind: 
                                                       An idiot abroad.
                                                       An idiot abroad with his son.
                                                       An idiot abroad with his dad.
                                                       Shear lunacy.

Anyway the blog is now up and running.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun - though I know that really you're just going to get those legs tanned!!!

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete